If you’re searching for an online English check then stop here; you’ve found exactly what you need. Vappingo’s online editing and proofreading services provide a quick and easy English checking service from just 0.020 USD per word! You may have been searching for grammar software or an automated service… to use these would be a big mistake and won’t give you the best results. Software can’t tell you how to fix mistakes and won’t be able to assist you to express yourself using the best possible choice of words: WE CAN!
Your statement of purpose is an extremely important document that can heavily influence whether or not you are offered a place on the university course of your dreams. Every year university admission departments review thousands of student statements and, for this reason, you need to make sure that you know how to write a personal statement that is absolutely perfect.
When you are writing or publishing an important document, you should never underestimate the importance of having your written English checked by a professional proofreading agency. Here are five reasons why you should use a document editor from Vappingo to perfect your written English documents:
1) Our Professional document editors are English experts. Our editors know the English language inside out and will analyze your written English using over 160 English grammar rules. However, unlike automatic grammar checking software and websites, our document editors won’t simply point out the mistake and make suggestions for how you can fix it, they will actually fix it for you, saving you the major headache and confusion of deciphering complex English rules.
Like these? Take a look at these tattoos gone wrong.
We’re always telling our customers that one great proofreading trick is to read your paper or essay aloud in order to audibly hear mistakes. Well, if you’re a Mac owner, you may be able to go one better and have your Mac do the reading for you!
Hearing the words without having to read them yourself will undoubtedly assist you to identify punctuation and grammar issues and, best of all, the function is really easy to use and set up.
Select the Apple menu > System Preferences > Speech > Text to Speech. Place a check next to the check box “Speak selected text when the key is pressed”. Click on the “Set Key” button and choose a combination of keys that you will use to activate the speech recognition activity. Choose your preferred voice from the options offered at the top of the window and select the speaking rate from the speeds available. Close the window and you’re done.
Proofreader, proof-reader or proof reader… hmm. Perform a simple search on the Internet and you’ll quickly become confused about which version is actually correct. In practice, all three versions of this job title are perfectly acceptable, including the lesser-spotted hyphenated version. We favor the term proofreader and that’s why you will see that this is the version we use throughout our blog and website pages. There’s no coincidence that Google seems to favor this version too!
Looking for proofreading services? Vappingo provides 24/7 access to qualified editors and proofreaders at a fraction of the price of traditional agencies. Take a look around our site to learn more about our great services.
Alexa rank is quite often overlooked in people’s quest to top Google’s rankings. While it has very little association with Google and SEO, it is a crucial measurement for site monetization and anyone who wishes to advertise on their site really does need to know what the Alexa rank is and how their site can achieve a high rank. This article explains Alexa rank and describes some of the steps you can take to improve your scores and create a website that is in demand.
Alexa Rank in Brief
Alexa rank is a system for scoring websites based on the amount of traffic that they receive. The Alexa rank is very basically calculated by measuring the number of visits to a site made by people who have the Alexa toolbar installed and it consists of a three-month rolling set of data that measures both the number of page views and the number of users who visited those pages.
Why Alexa Rank is Important for Your Site
Alexa rank is incredibly important for any websites and blogs that wish to gain revenue from advertising. Many advertisers use a site’s Alexa rank to decide how much an advertisement on that blog or site is worth; the higher your Alexa rank, the more traffic your site is getting and therefore the higher the value of advertising space on your website. Many people argue that the Alexa rank is very limited because it only counts traffic from users who have the Alexa toolbar installed. In addition to this, they believe that the Alexa ranking system is skewed towards tech websites that attract the type of users who would have such a bar installed; does an ordinary “Joe Blogg” web surfer even know what Alexa is, never mind have the toolbar? My view is actually quite straightforward, it really doesn’t matter if the results are skewed or not; if you want to achieve a high advertising revenue from your site or blog then you need a high Alexa rank!
I Need a High Alexa Rank: What Should I do?
There are a number of steps you can take to increase your Alexa rank but the first thing you need to do, if you haven’t already, is install the Alexa toolbar. Do so by following the links below:
Alexa toolbar for Internet Explorer available for Windows users only
Alexa toolbar for Firefox available for all users.
Although increasing Alexa rank can be difficult, there are some steps you can take to try and move it along. Before you follow any of them, make sure that you have the Alexa toolbar installed.
10 Ways to Increase Your Alexa Rank in Less Than a Week
1) Install an Alexa widget on your site. This will allow Alexa to track all visitors to your blog, including those that don’t have the Alexa toolbar installed themselves. It’s an absolute must if you want to get credit for as many visitors to your site as possible. Most blogging platforms have Alexa plugins readily available, but if you want the code to install one yourself, you will find it on the Alexa site.
2) Try and participate in webmaster forums. Find suitable topics that you can contribute to and include your URL and a link to your site underneath any comments that you make. The type of people who use these forums are the type of people who will have the Alexa toolbar installed and there’s a chance they will visit your site and simultaneously increase your Alexa rank.
3) Connect with technology users using your social accounts. For the same reason as number one, these types of users will probably have the Alexa toolbar installed and if you Tweet about your site there’s a chance they may visit.
4) Try and create content on your site that will appeal to webmasters. Tools, widgets and applications will all attract webmasters who are looking for quality content for their sites. If they visit your site to access these tools then your Alexa rank will benefit. If you can’t conceive great content ideas, find articles that will be useful for your target customers and get them rewritten for your brand. Check out our article rewriting services.
5) Encourage people to Stumble your site. If a page on your site gains a few Stumbles, Stumble will send high volumes of traffic to your page, this can only have a positive impact on your rank.
6) Use pay per click campaigns (PPC). Although this is a costly option it will undoubtedly bring you traffic, so do consider using it to boost your Alexa rank. You may also wish to consider buying advertising space on technology and web resources sites.
7) Create an Alexa category on your blog or site. Create posts that advertise your position and progress and continually update them to let your visitors know how you’re performing. Having content on your site related to Alexa will attract webmasters who are looking for further information on this ranking tool.
8) Ask for feedback. Visit as many webmaster forums and help sites as possible and participate in the discussions that you find there. Ask people to visit your site and give feedback on it. This will generate visitors while also hopefully creating some productive feedback on how your site can be improved.
Give them a go and let us know how you get on. Follow us on Twitter: @Vappingo.
There are a number of common English errors that our proofreaders come across time and time again and, given that Vappingo’s mission is to make written communications the norm, we feel that it is our duty to help our customers with their written English. Hopefully, this post will help a few of you to learn from your mistakes and develop your own proofreading skills. If nothing else, they most certainly highlight the importance of proofreading and editing before it is published.
Thanks to James Garlick who sent in a really good joke about the importance of proofreading that he found on the Internet. We love it!
If only this guy had come across our editing and proofreading services.
In an ancient monastery, a new monk arrived to dedicate his life to subservient solitude and to join the others as they copied ancient records. The first thing he noticed was that the other monks were copying, by hand, books that had already been copied by hand.
The new monk had to speak up: “Forgive me, Brother Mark, but copying other copies by hand allows many chances for error. How do we know we aren’t copying someone else’s mistakes? Are they ever checked against the originals? Who is proofreading them?”